The Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) invites BC artists to participate in the third annual SOUNDOFF music showcase as part of VIFF AMP summit, October 3–5, 2019.
Supported by Music BC, SOUNDOFF provides an intimate platform for British Columbia’s most promising musicians to focus on song placement and sync licensing in feature films, television, documentaries, and filmed media, while connecting with senior music supervisors and producers from around the globe. Since the launch of SOUNDOFF in 2017, over 20 artists have participated in the program including Chin Injeti, Harrison Brome, Emily Rowed, The Long War, Sam Lynch, Luca Fogale, Loig Morin and FIONN.
Up to 6 British Columbia artists from across the musical spectrum will be selected to perform a single song live to a panel of key international music supervisors on the hunt for their next discovery. Each artist will have an opportunity to receive feedback and learn more about songwriting for film and television and gain valuable insight into placing music in visual media from the panel.
Local artists, bands, songwriters, and composers are encouraged to express their creative lens through music + film and apply for a chance to perform at VIFF AMP this October!
- Submit your application below to be considered as part of the SOUNDOFF showcase at VIFF AMP 2019.
- Intake Period: June 26th - July 19th
- Applications close at 5:00PM (PST).
- Artists will be curated by jury of local industry members, VIFF and Music BC
- Selected artists will be notified directly by email .
- VIFF is committed to offering opportunities to those who are often under or mis-represented in the film and music industries and beyond. Emerging musicians who are indigenous, people of colour and people across the spectrum of gender, sexuality and abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rules and Regulations:
- Applications Close on July 19th at 5 PM
- Majority of performing members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months prior to and at the time of application.
- Artists will not be given the opportunity to select which showcase they perform on.
- Applicants must be able to perform original material.
- Artists should have a current album or digital release (within the last 24 months, or upcoming 6 months).
- Artists selected from regions across BC may be eligible for a travel allowance through Music BC.
- Performing artists will receive an honorarium for their performance.
VIFF AMP | OCTOBER 4 - 5
VIFF AMP brings together local and international supervisors, composers and post-production experts to engage in panels, workshops and networking events that explore the essential role music plays in film and television.
AMP 2019 will kick off the evening of October 3 with a keynote event with legendary composer Cliff Martinez (Drive, Spring Breakers). AMP summit talks and workshops will take place October 4–5.
Over the two-day summit, world-class experts will weigh in on subjects such as diversity in the music marketplace, the art of music supervision and how music rights management victories around the world are benefiting songwriters and composers.
New to VIFF in 2019, the AMP Talent Accelerator is an exciting initiative dedicated to stimulating and encouraging working mentorships between emerging musicians, composers and aspiring music supervisors interested in cultivating a career in film and TV, and world class music-in-film experts from across North America. Applications for the AMP Talent Accelerator program are now open. Find out more.
More AMP programming will be announced over the coming months.
AMP Summit Passes and Tickets go on sale August 13, 2019.
Presented in Partnership with: